The New York Comedy Festival teams up with The Paley Center for Media to present a special comedy-themed edition of Next Big Thing, the Paley Center’s quarterly showcase for digital-media startups. The event will feature demonstrations and presentations from five comedy-related startup companies, and AdKeeper, Inc. Founder and CEO Scott Kurnit will moderate a conversation between the presenters and the audience. The event will also include participation from Funny of Die CEO Dick Glover and CollegeHumor.com CEO Paul Greenberg.
Sponsored by AdKeeper, Inc., McCann, and Mediabrands, Next Big Thing introduces emerging entrepreneurs to the Paley Center’s community of industry leaders. A mix of elevator pitches and high-level conversation, Next Big Thing gathers feature short presentations followed by intimate discussion with a select audience drawn from the Paley Center’s Media Council and Generator membership communities, and other leaders and innovators in the media, technology, and venture capitalist communities.
The Festival and the Paley Center for Media have partnered since 2006, bringing the public events like Writers Speak! A Potentially Regrettable Evening with The Writers of THE DAILY SHOW and Louie: A Conversation with Louis C.K.
The Festival and The Paley Center are calling for submissions by digital entrepreneurs and innovators from the comedy industry interested in presenting their company or product. Those interested in presenting at this event should submit the following materials:
• A full description of the company, including launch date, and, if applicable, funding history and lists of investors and advisors.
• A short bio of whoever will present on behalf of the company
• A draft slide deck of the presentation (PowerPoint or PDF preferred)
• A 5-10 minute video of the designated presenter delivering the presentation (the video may be recorded for submission or taken from a presentation at a similar event)
• Complete contact information
For more information and to submit for consideration, please visit: http://www.paleycenter.org/mc-nbt-comedy